Program application process
Good Foot is no longer accepting applicants for our In, Up & Out Employment and Training Program. Stay tuned for a new program in our future in early 2023!
Participants must be able to commit to participating in the program from August 2022 to the end of March 2023. Due to the nature of the program, and the high volume of participants, not all applicants are accepted to the program. Applicants must meet the program requirements in order to move forward.
COVID-19 Protocols: Interested applicants must be fully vaccinated, with proof of vaccination provided, and must be comfortable wearing a mask for the duration of their time in the program.
To get started, complete our online In, Up & Out Employment & Training Program Application here. Candidates will only be considered for the program if they fill out this application.
All applicants will receive an email response from Good Foot, within 2 weeks of their initial application submission. We ask for your patience as we review all applications. We thank all who apply to our program, however given the high number of applicants, we are limited with our ability to provide feedback to those who are not selected to move forward.
Program Recruitment Process
- Phase 1: Online Application (approximately 30 minutes)
- Phase 2: Virtual Pre-Screening Meeting & Assessment (approximately 30 minutes)
- Phase 3: In Person Meeting & Navigation Assessment (approximately 2 – 2.5 hours)
- Phase 4: Complete ESDC Program Form for approval from federal government (approximately 15 – 30 minutes)
Phase 3: If selected, the applicant will be invited to an in person meeting and navigation skills assessment at the Centre for Social Innovation, located at 720 Bathurst street. .
The process consists of three (3) parts;
- Sit down meeting: applicants will attend a sit-down meeting with our Programs team where the applicant will be asked a variety of questions that will allow us to assess their knowledge and skill set to determine if the In, Up & Out program is the right fit for the applicant. During the interview, the applicants will receive a printed copy of the questions for reference.
- Written Portion: Second, applicants will complete a short answer questionnaire, involving problem solving, reading comprehension and scenario questions.
- Navigation Assessment: Lastly, participants will be directed to complete a “mock delivery” with an Assessment Facilitator, taking the TTC to a nearby location and back to the office. The applicant will be given an outline of the process including the addresses that they will be traveling to, that they may reference at any time. The Assessment Facilitator will also have this information and can answer any questions the applicant may have.
Questions? Email email@example.com