Good Foot Delivery provides meaningful employment for individuals from the neurodivergent community through a reliable, competitive courier service within Toronto.
Good Foot Delivery is accountable for all personal information that we collect, including all data collected through our partnership with any third-party vendors that Good Foot uses to manage deliveries and process payments.
This policy outlines our commitment to your privacy and our efforts to gather, use and protect personal information in compliance with Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, S.C. 2000, c.5 (PIPEDA).
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect information from you when you interact with Good Foot Delivery’s website, when you engage us as a courier delivery service, or when you make a donation to support our organization.
All of the information is used to help us
- Complete transactions with you
- Share information about Good Foot Delivery, our services and our impact
- Respond to inquiries
- Understand our customer base and website visitors to provide a better interface and service
The personal information we collect is limited to the following:
- Your username, password and email address when registering for a Good Foot Delivery account
- Profile information such as first and last name, address, phone number, business if applicable
- Payment and billing information such as credit card
- Visitor’s IP address and browser agent string to help spam detection
Note: Personal information is limited to any information that can be used to identify you and includes name, address, email information, credit card numbers, banking information. It does not include any information related to an individual’s employment or business such as name, title, work address, work telephone number or etc.
Good Foot Delivery uses trusted third parties to help us manage your deliveries, process your payment (Stripe) or donation (Canada Helps). These parties may access, process or store your information to perform activities authorized by Good Foot Delivery. To protect your information, Good Foot Delivery ensures that each party has at least the same level of privacy protection, or more, as described in this policy. Please refer to the individual party’s privacy policies for additional information.
Third-Party Social Media
Good Foot Delivery is active on social media. If you engage with us via social media you should be aware of privacy policies of those third-party social media platforms and those of any applications used to access them. Good Foot Delivery uses Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. We are not responsible for any personal information collected by these companies through your interaction with Good Foot on these platforms.
Cookies are bits of computer code placed on your hard drive and used on websites to track search criteria, monitor use. No personal data is gathered.
If you visit our login page to schedule a delivery, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in to your account, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
You can decide if and how a cookie will be accepted through settings in your browser. However, if you block all cookies, you may be unable to use secure services on our site that require cookies such as the login page to access your account.
Good Foot Delivery uses web analytics, including Google Analytics, to help analyze the use of our website. Such tools collect IP information and other non-identifying information about your visit that we use to improve our website.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Good Foot Delivery provides periodic email updates to individuals who choose to subscribe. Users can unsubscribe or opt-out of communications at any time using the opt-out feature provided in the communication.
Who We Share Your Data With
Good Foot does not share, sell, rent or make available personal information to any one with the following exceptions:
- To authorized third-parties noted within this policy to support Good Foot Delivery
- As required by law to legal authorities
- As authorized by the individual to do so
How Long We Retain Your Data
Good Foot Delivery retains personal information that you provide to use for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, and as required by applicable laws and regulations. Once the data is no longer needed, we take appropriate steps to securely delete or anonymize it.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How We Protect Your Data
Good Foot Delivery uses industry-standard security protocols to safeguard your information.
At Good Foot Delivery, we take the security and protection of your personal information seriously. We have implemented a range of technical and organizational measures to safeguard your data and maintain its confidentiality, integrity, and availability. In addition to the measures noted above, our commitment to data security includes, but is not limited to, the following measures:
- Secure data transmission: When you interact with our website, including when you submit personal information, we use industry-standard encryption protocols (such as https) to encrypt the data in transit. This ensures that the information you provide remains confidential during transmission.
- Access control: We limit access to your personal information to authorized staff only. Our employees and trusted third parties who require access to your data for specific purposes are bound by strict confidentiality obligations.
- Data storage: Personal information is stored in secure, controlled environments with access restricted to authorized staff, our data storage systems are equipped with up-to-date security technologies and firewalls to prevent unauthorized access.
- Data minimization: We adhere to the principle of data minimization, meaning we only collect and retain the data necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. Unnecessary or redundant data is promptly removed.
- Incident response plan: in the unlikely event of a data breach or security incident, we have a well-defined incident response plan in place to mitigate any potential harm and to comply with legal notification requirements.
- Compliance with legal requirements: We monitor changes in data protection laws and regulations, including Canada’s personal information protection and electronic documents act (PIPEDA), to ensure our practices remain in compliance with the latest legal requirements.
Please be aware that while we employ rigorous security measures to protect your data, no method of data transmission or storage is entirely immune to breaches. We will, however, promptly investigate and address any security incidents, and we are committed to keeping your information as secure as reasonably possible.